Re: LCC and blobs

> What would you gain by having the firmware source.
> Please don't tell me that you want to fix bugs there.
>
> The firmware is part of the hardware and we don't ask the vendors to
> give away their .vhdl files of the hardware.  Both firmware and hardware
> source are useless as they usually need highly proprietary tools to
> build.

Firmware generally is software and it is built exactly the same way any
other software is built. Firmware is mostly written in C or assembler
which doesn't require any highly proprietary tools. Some firmware is a
'configuration file' for an FPGA. I'm not sure if this is software or
not. It's not executed the same way machine code is.

Cheers,

Peter (p2).