Re: Linux Core Consortium

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 21:40 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 07:08:48PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> writes:
> >
> > I think that tying core Debian packages to the Red Hat boat anchor is a
> > horrible, horrible idea.
>
> I tend to agree with sentiments like this, but didn't Bruce mention
> that we could participate in this organization even if we didn't take
> their packages?  That is, perhaps we could influence the direction to
> a more useful one?
>
> If that is the case, it seems zero risk to me.

Yes, this is the bottom line: it does not negatively impact Debian
for (for example) the DPL to go talk/email/IRC with the LCC
representatives.

If Debian's concerns can't be satisfactorily resolved, then Debian
says "thanks, but no thanks", and continues down it's current path.
It's *that* simple.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Vegetarian - an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'.