Re: package rejection

    Russell> Bad idea.  Some countries have stupid laws and we should
    Russell> not pander to them.  There are laws against encryption
    Russell> and against reverse engineering (which could get strace,
    Russell> ltrace, and gdb).

I think it would be better to create a distribution of Debian, where
applicable, that meets the legal requirements of the given country.

That way if you do really want to distribute Debian where there are
laws against XYZ, you can distribute a subset of Debian that doesn't
{do,use,require,consume,kill,display,say,etc} XYZ.

No - I am not volunteering.

This also raises lots of issues, like how to do it with minimum fuss
and who is legally responsible (if anybody) if mistakes occur.

No - I am not volunteering here either.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>