Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:38:51PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
> > That's true.  Debian doesn't *have* to be mirrored *anywhere*.
>
> We do well to listen to what mirrors say, and what their concerns
> are.  But we do not do well to guess at what they might say, on the
> basis of half-understood and unsupported claims about what their own
> internal policies are.

And throw this data point in: this university has apparently been
distributing purity for a very long time.

As usual, this policy is not seriously applied. It's there to cover
the University in the case of a lawsuit, and to allow them to
selectively apply it to people they want to get rid of (just about
anybody can be effectively accused of violating the policy; it's
almost impossible to go through the day without doing so).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |