Re: Legal budget and Director-and-officer insurance related to packages with "adult" themes

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 07:14:07PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Andrew Suffield wrote:
>
> >Oh come on, they're at far greater risk from our overly-permissive
> >approach to copyright and patent issues.
> >
> The copyright and patent problems faced by Debian are issues that we
> have studied in depth. Indeed, working on that has taken up a good deal
> of my life for the past several years. We have resources lined up to
> help us when it becomes a problem.
>
> In contrast, those resources aren't inclined to help us with the
> questionable-material problem, and we have not researched it at all. If
> we're going to make a stand about it, we'd better start learning.

You go off and do that then, and leave the rest of us out of it like
you did with the much more serious issue of copyright and patent
laws. You evidently managed it once without any money (since we
haven't got any), so clearly you can do it again.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |