Re: Finding an improved release process.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Finding an improved release process.
- From: Joey Hess <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:44:54 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20041202184454.GB19877@kitenet.net>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20041129231637.GB30723@mauritius.dodds.net>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041128224405.GC24323@hezmatt.org> <20041128231206.GA8405@quux.local> <email@example.com> <E1CYZJs-0008MQfirstname.lastname@example.org> <E1CYZJs-0008MQemail@example.com> <E1CYnci-0003rl-PG@sledge.mossbank.org.uk> <20041129160643.GE31526@excelhustler.com> <20041129231637.GB30723@mauritius.dodds.net>
Steve Langasek wrote:
> The "existing installer" used a kernel that is not being shipped in sarge,
> and would have installed this kernel, with all its vulnerabilities and lack
> of drivers, onto the installed system as well.
Partially wrong. It would have done that only on the perhaps 15% of
modern hardware that it is able to boot and find a (non-sata) disk drive
on using said ancient kernel. :-P
see shy jo
Description: Digital signature