Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I agree with you that the GFDL is non-free, but I still hope there are
> different ways to resolve this than removing documentation.

[...]
> If you are not joking, let me tell you that your search strategy was too
> narrow. There are probably much more documents around under GFDL than
> what you find when you look for documentation under the FSF's
> copyright.

What I should have added: In the cases where the FSF is not the
Copyright holder, it is not improbable that the author can be convinced
to relicense it. Even if the FSF holds the copyright, the actual work is
done by humans who do not necessarily share the FSF's views on
documentation licensing, and might have some influence.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich