Re: Debian menu and GNOME (request for help)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

The Debian menu is only a submenu in GNOME and I'm not sure this is
worth spending time and efforts for something that's redesigned upstream
right now. Perhaps we should let it in this state for Sarge and work on
a menu improvement for sarge+1 with GNOME 2.10 ?
This is definitely not a good solution and I'd against the word "only" in
the first line of your quote.  The Debian menu is a menu which users can
find in all graphical and text environments on a Debian GNU/Linux system
and thus I would regard it as the *main* menu entry.  The Debian menu
is the *only* (and here 'only' is in the right sense) which is almost
complete regarding the installed applications on the machine (and if you
ask me personally it is the only one which is worth looking at).

Backporting the user menu back to the Gnome version which will be shipped
Sarge would be a really great thing for Custom Debian Distributions.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de