Re: Alioth Project Denied

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:18:43 -0600, Marcelo E Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> said:

> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 11:31:09AM -0700, noreply@alioth.debian.org wrote:
>> Your project registration for Alioth has been denied.
>>
>> Project Full Name: Window Maker Debian Package Project Unix Name:
>> wmaker
>>
>> Reasons for negative decision:
>>
>> If you decide to use an alioth project to comaintain a package, you
>> need to include a "pkg-" prefix in your project name. This is
>> required to be able to differentiate projects dedicated to Debian
>> packaging from projects where alioth is the main repository of
>> "upstream" code.
>>
>> Please resubmit your project with a good name.

>  a) I couldn't find a policy in the website
>  b) It's very rude to reply anonymously, someone care to put a name
>     behind this email?
>  c) Can't you just do it yourself?

>  But whatever, I'll jump thru the hoops if that's what it takes.

>  This project is making a custom out of threating developers like
>  crap.

	Says he, trashing the alioth developers. Did you try and help
 the guys puting alioth together with their email dialogue? Did you
 even try to help improve the system instead of jumping on them and
 trashing their effort from the get-go?

	Pot. Kettle. Black.

	manoj
--
Serocki's Stricture: Marriage is always a bachelor's last option.