Re: Documentation on handling of orig.tar.gz files for Developer's Reference or for Debian Policy

Scripsit Chris Waters <xtifr@debian.org>
> On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 01:47:02PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:39:44 -0800, Chris Waters <xtifr@debian.org> said:

> > > I'm not at all sure how this rule would apply, for example, to my
> > > own pilot-manager_1.107.0pre108.orig.tar.gz.  Everything in there is
> > > from upstream's website, except my own note on how I put the pieces
> > > together.  Do I need to remove that note?

> > 	I think so, yes.

> So in other words, I'm to be punished for my negligent maintaining of
> the upstream website?

How is it "punishment" to put things in the proper place in your
source packages? Please elaborate.

--
Henning Makholm                                "Anything you can discover we
                                             would be most happy to review."