NMU on sysklogd

Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with sysklogd on Sarge: everytime it rotates logs,
it fails to log in the new file, it continues in the previous, renamed
one.

I introduced bug #275111 about that.
It is really annoying since every log analysis tool is failing on this
every week at least? By "log analysis tool" I mean anything relying on
files in /var/log to do something.

I notice that that package has a huge number of bugs, with many having a
patch attached, but many bugs are really old.

Could someone go through the list and NMU this? I'm willing to help, if
necessary.

Thanks
--
Jerome Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>