Re: A localisation success: French po-debconf translations briefly reached a full "virtual" 100%

[please remember Debian list policy: no cc:s unless requested]

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 17.54, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > But does anything warn me (linda/lintian?) when I update debconf
> > templates and/or package descriptions and forget to post to
> > debian-i18n? (which would be: it should always warn, unless you build
> > the AI to detect when I have posted to the mailing list :-)
>
> But how will this magic too detect that you indeed modified something
> in your templates?

I thought about simple checks: file modification date of the english
template newer than of the translations? Wouldn't be reliable, but could
often work.

Another possibility would be the translation project somewhere store
versions of the relevant files and do diffs at package upload.

It would be a bit of work, but it's not a task needing serious AI :-)
I just wondered if something like this is already in place.

greetings
-- vbi

--
Oops