Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 06:48:31AM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> There are package that never enter testing and nobody notice because
> everyone use unstable (sometimes because of buggy dependencies).

This isn't true: http://www.debian-administration.org/?poll=3

Sure, it's a tiny enough sample that the "32%" probably isn't terribly
reliable; but heck, even one person is enough to refute a claim of
"everyone", and there are 59 people noted there.

Can we at least avoid being quite so negligent with the truth? Like, say,
not making claims about how many people use testing in the first place,
without getting some actual numbers to back them up?

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

``[S]exual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.''
      -- US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (http://tinyurl.com/3kwod)