Re: RFC: best practice creating database

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

I say, create the tables when the package starts for the first time.  As
an analogy, programs using Berkeley-type databases normally set up
their databases automatically when they run and don't require postinst
processing.
Hmmm, I doubt I understand this right.  I will package GnuMed which contains
a server package (more or less SQL scripts which are feeded into PostgreSQL)
and a client package which accesses the GnuMed database on the server.

I see no chance to create the database outside of the postinst script.

Did I missunderstood something?

Kind regards

           Andreas.