Re: possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2004.10.06.1616 +0200]:
> > This is backwards. The conflicts must be added in spamassassin in
> > order that we don't forget to remove said other packages from
> > sarge if necessary.
>
> That prevents SA from entering Sarge.

Which is basically what should happen until those packages are fixed,
since SA (>=3) makes those packages unuseable.

An easier solution is to provide both the older API information and
the newer API information in the response for now, since there's no
reason to break compatibility like has been done.

The major change that I'm aware of is the nonsensical change of 'hits'
to 'score'[1] in the output. Just provide both 'hits' and 'score' and
this particular problem will go away. [This was the major issue facing
spamass-milter, which is fixed in -7 by checking for the other if it
can't find the first.]

Don Armstrong

1: I'll grant that score is more logical than hit, but I really don't
see the point...
--
I'd sign up in a hot second for any cellular company whose motto was:
"We're less horrible than a root canal with a cold chisel."