Re: possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3

also sprach Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> [2004.10.06.1934 +0200]:
> After running for a little while,
[...]
> I wouldn't say it uses half a gig of ram. Something else is going
> on..

I had -m10 passed to spamd for 2.64. When I upgraded, I left that in
place. I almost hosed a server that went up to load 30 immediately.
It took me 40 minutes to get a shell, another 30 to halt postfix and
unload SA.

Now it's running at -m5 (the suggested value) and I have not had
problems since. Of course, now I only get half the throughput, and
my queue has not emptied for a whole day because SA is unable to
keep up.

`. `'`