Re: ITP: cddb.bundle -- CDDB Bundle for GNUstep

Jeff Teunissen <deek@d2dc.net> writes:
> For me, I don't want GNUstep in the names of my programs because I am not
> connected to GNUstep and don't want to be. It is just a couple of libraries
> that I use to write my apps -- you wouldn't put "GTK+" in the name of your
> apps, would you?

Most GTK+ apps don't need any kind of special tag because they're named
reasonably in the first place.  The upstream developers apparently
recognize that they will be often used as one part of a "mixed"
system.

Many "gnustep" apps OTOH, use absurdly generic names, and I can only
conclude that the developers do not think about mixed systems at all.

It is this upstream flaw that forces these apps to have their names
changed in Debian.  A shame for true fans of those applications, I
suppose, but what else can you expect?

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!