Re: Multiple source packages from one upstream source

Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> schrieb:

>> Depending on source packages isn't supported.
>
> The file binutils_2.15.orig.tar.gz is already in the archive. Rather
> than uploading a duplicate copy with another name, I'd like to use the
> same file.

It is already in the archive, but it may be removed if binutils_2.16 is
uploaded, or binutils_3.0 or whatever. You cannot be sure which
orig.tar.gz file is in the archive unless you are the maintainer of the
package that first uploaded it.

Either you co-maintain the binutils package, or you use a duplicate of
the orig.tar.gz.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie