Re: RFD: use transient /var/run (tmpfs) or not?

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:22:41AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Fabricio Cannini wrote:
> > If so, wouldn't it be stored in /var/run/php
> > instead of /var/lib/php as it is done today ?

> Curious, most of the time it seems to end up in /tmp in my systems...

I think that means you have an old config file, or an older version
installed. They moved it from /tmp for security reaons, as I recall,
as anyone who could read /tmp could impersonate an active session.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.