Re: Adding a package

Oded Shimon [u] wrote on 29/09/2004 01:10:

my program is a GUI MEncoder frontend using qt

yes i know mplayer and mencoder arent in the debian archives, it'll be a dependency needed to be met y the user (umm.. he'll install a frontend without installing the program?.. heh) anyway, now gonna have a nice long read in
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.en.html
once i'm done with that, i'll get back to here. thankyou for your help, i really didnt expect this quick a reply :) cyas

You won't get any program into debian as package if it's dependencies aren't in debian. So you would either have to get mencoder into debian.

I don't know wether nobody wanted mencoder packaged yet or wether there might be legal issues about it - either because of some laws or because of debian policies.

Again, you won't get any package into debian if it's dependencies can't be met by debian packages.

That being said, I woul definately like to see your program in debian, if that would be possible.

regards,
Sven

PS: http://learn.to/quote might also be an interesting read for you ;-)