Re: Adding a package

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 12:47:59AM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > > This may not be the best place to ask this, i skimmed a bit in debian.org
> > > and couldn't find this - how would i got about adding a program i made to
> > > the debian apt sites?... do i need to email a debian maintainer, or is it
> > > something like where all the programs on the debian list are purely
> > > programs which maintainers have picked up on their own, and there is no
> > > way of actually submitting a program?
> >
> > You need someone to maintain your program inside Debian, who would be
> > called the package maintainer. Had you mentioned what program it was,
> > you could already have one ;)
> >
> > One thing you can do to ask people to create a package for your program,
> > get it inside Debian and maintain it, is opening an RFP bug (Request for
> > Package) against the wnpp pseudo-package. Take a look at
> > http://bugs.debian.org for information on how to report a bug.
> >
> > Good luck!
>
> ok, i understand now the 'reply to bottom' thing, sorry about that one :)
>
> anyway, i already have a package i made with alien from an rpm package
> someone made for me. my program is a GUI MEncoder frontend using qt

Making Debian packages with alien from rpm isn't good way. Package has to
be built from sources on Debian's autobuilders.

> and kdelibs, the best i've seen so far, without bragging :) more details at
>
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=16439
>
> i am looking for anyone here interested to be my package maintainer :) (or
> whatever it is the next step is.. you'll sort of have to walk me through this
> a bit, never actually even fully developed a prog before... :/ )

Do you know that Debian doesn't has mplayer in its archives?

regards
fEnIo
--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska