Re: Adding a package

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 00:57, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

> > > You need someone to maintain your program inside Debian, who would be
> > > called the package maintainer. Had you mentioned what program it was,
> > > you could already have one ;)
> > >
> > > One thing you can do to ask people to create a package for your
> > > program, get it inside Debian and maintain it, is opening an RFP bug
> > > (Request for Package) against the wnpp pseudo-package. Take a look at
> > > http://bugs.debian.org for information on how to report a bug.
> > >
> > > Good luck!
> >
> > ok, i understand now the 'reply to bottom' thing, sorry about that one :)
> >
> > anyway, i already have a package i made with alien from an rpm package
> > someone made for me. my program is a GUI MEncoder frontend using qt
>
> Making Debian packages with alien from rpm isn't good way. Package has to
> be built from sources on Debian's autobuilders.
>
> > and kdelibs, the best i've seen so far, without bragging :) more details
> > at
> >
> > http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=16439
> >
> > i am looking for anyone here interested to be my package maintainer :)
> > (or whatever it is the next step is.. you'll sort of have to walk me
> > through this a bit, never actually even fully developed a prog before...
> > :/ )
>
> Do you know that Debian doesn't has mplayer in its archives?
>
> regards
> fEnIo

yes i know mplayer and mencoder arent in the debian archives, it'll be a
dependency needed to be met y the user (umm.. he'll install a frontend
without installing the program?.. heh) anyway, now gonna have a nice long
read in
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.en.html
once i'm done with that, i'll get back to here. thankyou for your help, i
really didnt expect this quick a reply :) cyas