Re: Please -- more DFSG-free font packages, if you can maintain them well

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> schrieb:

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:44:49PM -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
>> The issue with fonts is lots of people like to *design* fonts, and few
>> want to do the very laborious job of hinting the glyphs.
>
> Don't use those awful truetype things, then.

Excuse me, what does hinting have to do with truetype? AFAIK every
decent printing font need some sort of this. For sure, all fonts for use
with (La)TeX typesetting have it. And LaTeX is involved nearly
everywhere a package produces a pdf documentation (like debiandoc2pdf
etc.).

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie