Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au (Paul Hampson) writes:
> This is all much easier in Japanese where [America-jin] "American"
> can be used to refer to anyone caucasian.

Recently??

Perhaps long ago when people were generally more clueless about the
outside world, such a usage was common, but these days, I'd be surprised
(maybe I just don't know the right sort of person).  It generally seems
to be used in Japanese just about the same way it's used in english.

[My Korean friend in Scotland was walking in the park one day, and heard
an old fogie mutter to his dog to "beware of the Chinaman" ...]

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge