Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

> I don't know why Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and Puerto Rico are
> considered North America, as they are clearly in the Caribbean (I

Well, St-Pierre et Miquelon islands are just close to NewFoundLand
(Terre-Neuve in French), so they are far from being Caribbean..:-)

Of course, other French "overseas departements" such as Martinique and
Guadeloup are properly put into the Caribbean section of course
(all have a dedicated ISO codes even if they are fully part of
France, just like French Guyana).

For Puerto Rico, well there may be some debate..geopolitical issues,
for sure.

> > People from Mexico, do you think this is worth a change? I'm afraid
> > noone noticed because this only shows when choosing "Other" at
> > the first country prompt.
>
> Mexicans will always tell you we are North Americans. It is the USA
> people that think of North America as a synonim for Anglosaxon
> America, and South America as a synonim for Latin America (although

Then ba glad to learn that putting MX in North America in Debian was a
choice by a US DD (namely Joey Hess)....but I won't teach you anything
when mentioning that the average DD is probably far less narrow-minded
than the average US'er..:-)

> that would leave Belize, Surinam and Guyana in a strange
> limbo... Well, never mind, even we don't care about those countries
> ;-) ) Leave it at it is.
>
> BTW, I must agree: Many Mexicans tend to choose USA as their country,

Mexican users of Debian should use es_MX locales, dammit..:-)