Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 14:22 -0300, Stephen Cormier wrote:
>
>> You are correct I offer up my sincerest apology. My memory must be
>> failing me it was Matthew Palmer and it was a truck. Still not
>> impressive for someone with a @debian.org address.
>>
> Ingo and Goswin, amongst others, have a long history of antagonising
> people with @debian.org addresses.  A lot of us have tried to work with

I don't give a damn about @debian.org addresses and I'm sure Ingo
doesn't either. We don't go around looking for @debian.org addresses
and start to antagonise them. That people with @debian.org addresses
are involved in the mail is just a result of the mail being debian
specific and nearly everyone there has one.

> them in the past and simply given up (cf. my demand that Goswin files
> bug reports or contacts me through a third party from now on).

When have you tried to work with me on any project?

Lets look at our last two encounters:

1. I used the BTS to inform you of my intend to prepare an NMU for an
long outstanding bug and you objected and made a flamewar out of it. I
suggested a compromise and you then backed down and fixed the bug
yourself.

2. Before you changed x86_64 to amd64 in dpkg we talked on irc and
I asked you on behalf of several debian-amd64 members not to change
the name. You just changed it anyway, the debian-amd64 team cried out
but you refused to revert the change. In the end the debian-amd64 team
had to get the ctte to overrule you.

Now who is hard to work with?

> Though they're both technically competent, they unfortunately aren't as
> skilled at interacting with other people.  Being able to work with
> others is a major part of working in Debian, and being a sufficiently
> amiable person that others feel they can work with you is just as
> important.

I'm the first to admit I don't have the best mail phrasing skills. I
also admit I have major problems working with some people and you now
joined the club of "impossible to work with" people making it grow to
3. That is 3 out of about 1000 people.

> Scott

MfG
        Goswin