Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On 2004-09-04 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:
[...]
> > But there are people who argue that non-DDs can't be trusted and that
> > untrusted uploads and untrusted buildds are harming Debians trust at
> > all. So, they're neglecting my past 4 years work for Debian. Isn't that
> > nice?

> I haven't seen anyone saying that they don't trust you in particular.
> I've seen a lot of people saying that they're very nervous about packages
> entering the archive without an explicit trust relationship, and it seems
> like the primary mechanism the project has currently for establishing such
> a relationship is the NM process.
[...]

It might be the primary one, but if e.g. machines adiministrated by
Ingo have been given access to wanna-build by James Troup, I'd take
that as a explicit enough trust relationship, too. - If I trust James
enough to hand out Debian accounts, I'll also trust him enough to be
as picky whom he hands buildd-admin passports, too.
                    cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"