Re: FTFBS in sarge

> On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 04:07:37PM -0500, Robin Verduijn wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:39:25AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
>> > mcvs_1.0.8-4
>
>> Meta-CVS has failed for over a year to get into testing due to a bug in
>> clisp. Since that[1] does not seem to be actively worked on fixing (by
>> the clisp maintainer nor by the mips porters), the only way for mcvs

Why not fix it yourself? Since you seem to use clisp I guess you are
familiar with it?

>> to propagate to testing now is if its MIPS package is removed from the
>> testing archives. I filed a bug[2] for that almost 3 months ago. Should
>> I bump its severity up higher (it's now "serious") or will that make no
>> difference?
>
> I don't imagine it makes a difference.  Severities are a rather fuzzy
> concept where ftp.debian.org is concerned.
>
> You may want to get mcvs added to P-a-s
> (http://buildd.debian.org/quinn-diff-Packages-arch-specific), as this
> makes the case for removal from the archive clearer.

Do you think it wise to exclude packages from an arch just because it
has some bug? If the maintainer can't be bothered to fix a bug the
package should not enter testing. Excluding an arch just works around
semi orphaned packages.

> --
> Steve Langasek
> postmodern programmer