Re: Mail server on alioth too restrictive?

Le Monday 30 August 2004 à 19:43:11, Martin Schulze a écrit:
> Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> > After some tests I found the problem.
> > alioth rejects mails without a Return-path: header line. I agree it is
> > a normal behavior so the problem is not in Alioth mail configuration.
>
> Doh!

Wichert, I cc: you since you are the alioth admin. Sorry if you already
read this thread in debian-devel.

I made some tests and still don't know what happens.

I switched to cvs-mailcommit installed in CVSROOT but I have other
problems.

- I can send a mail to pkg-bins-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org from my
  personnal computer and it works. See [1].
- I can configure cvs-mailcommit to send a mail to my personnal email
  and it works. I have the mail for those interested in the headers.

But I can't send a mail to pkg-bins-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org from
alioth!

  $ telnet localhost smtp
  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  220 haydn.debian.org ESMTP Exim 4.34 (Debian) Tue, 31 Aug 2004 03:19:51 -0600
  helo localhost
  250 haydn.debian.org Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
  mail from: "CVS User rousseau" <rousseau@debian.org>
  250 OK
  rcpt to: pkg-bins-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org
  250 Accepted
  data
  354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself