Re: Mail server on alioth too restrictive?

Le Friday 27 August 2004 à 22:29:29, Ludovic Rousseau a écrit:
> Hello,
>
> I used to send CVS commits to a mailing list using a Python script
> (syncmail). But the mail configuration changed and the mails are now
> refused by alioth mail server.
>
>   rousseau@haydn:~$ telnet localhost smtp
>   Trying 127.0.0.1...
>   Connected to localhost.
>   Escape character is '^]'.
>   220 haydn.debian.org ESMTP Exim 4.34 (Debian) Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:18:25 -0600
>   helo localhost
>   250 haydn.debian.org Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
>   mail from: rousseau@alioth.debian.org
>   250 OK
>   rcpt to: pcsclite-cvs-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org
>   250 Accepted
>   data
>   354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
>   test
>   .
>   550 Administrative prohibition
>   quit
>   221 haydn.debian.org closing connection
>   Connection closed by foreign host.

After some tests I found the problem.
alioth rejects mails without a Return-path: header line. I agree it is
a normal behavior so the problem is not in Alioth mail configuration.

I will try to patch the syncmail [1] Python script but as I don't
know/use Python it may be difficult for me. Help accepted.

Another option is to install cvs-mailcommit Debian package on alioth but:
- this package is in testing/unstable and Alioth uses stable
- the Perl source code does not contain "Return-path:" so it may not
  solve the problem, but patching Perl is easier for me.

Any Alioth admin is reading this?

Regards,

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvs-syncmail

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau@free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --