Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:43:29PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
Thomas,

I suspect that this discussion is becoming off topic for this list :)
A lot of this comes down to ideolect - I trained as a lawyer: I wouldn't
_say_ e.g. as e.g., using "for example" instead though I use it
extensively. I do, however, say "i.e" as "aye eee" and am always
understood either at work or at home (and by mathematicians not lawyers
:) ) That said, this series of posts is, among other things, why I use
Free software and, above all why I use Debian.  The intellectual ability
and breadth of the Debian community never ceases to amaze :) I had to
stop for a moment and think hard - you dropped Peter Abelard's name as
if he were a current contributor to the list :)

All the best,

Andy

<HUGE SNIP FOLLOWS - BUT IT'S ALL INTERESTING LATIN>