Re: depend on httpd, not also apache?

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:39:47 +0200, Sebastian Ley
<sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>It is a good idea to explicitly specify at least one package that fulfills a
>virtual dependency. You could view it as the recommendation of the packager,
>if you don't care about the httpd daemon, apt will install apache.

How will it choose apache? Will it choose apache because it happens to
be the alphabetically first httpd? Or is apache somewhere configured
as the primary target httpd?

I think that last time I looked at that issue, a package satisfying
the dependency was chosen at random.

Greetings
Marc