Re: Mail server on alioth too restrictive?

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:34:29AM +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> After some tests I found the problem.
> alioth rejects mails without a Return-path: header line. I agree it is
> a normal behavior so the problem is not in Alioth mail configuration.

Huh? Return-path is just an optional and usually absent mail header.
Although some MTA's treat it as that, the one and only place where mails
should be returned to (i.e., bounced) is the SMTP envelope sender.

_Requiring_ a return-path (in contract to it being automatically added
by a MTA based on SMTP envelope sender as a convenience for filters...)
just seems wrong to me.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar