Re: ,deb's follow Packages files to mirrors: nuts or what?

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:41:26AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Wouldn't it be right if the Packages files got to the mirrors after
> the .debs they list do?

The mirror script I'm using (which I got from maswan, who is running
ftp.se.debian.org, our upstream) does two rsync rounds.

1. Update all .debs, don't delete anything.
2. Update Packages files and delete all .debs that no longer exists upstream.

This takes care of the problem; I'd be surprised if the other mirrors didn't
take approximately the same route.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/