Re: Sarge, kernel-image, and i586-SMP

Christoph Hellwig [u] wrote on 25/08/2004 21:42:

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:36:13PM +0200, Emilio Jes?s Gallego Arias wrote:

"kernel"  any reason you didn't reply to me but debian-devel and didn't
keep debian-kernel on the cc list?

Code of conduct
When using the Debian mailing lists, please follow these rules:

[...]

* When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon
copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be
copied.

I don't want a Cc.  I want a To, as you're replying to me and I've not
set any Reply-To that's the only sensible thing to do.

No, it isn't. If he wants that his post is seen on the mailinglist, and you didn't ask for a copy nor set Mail-FollowupTo nor set Reply-To, it is very well chosen _not_ to send a copy to you AND the list(s), but only the list(s). Otherwise, you would received multiple copies. Actually, if it were only about you, that would probably be OK, but it is impossible to everyone to know who wants a copy and who doesn't, especially when the original sender didn't say anything about wanting to receive answers off-list (be it as a copy or not).

So if you want answers mailed to you directly (in addition to the list or only to you), say so.

cu,
sven

--