Re: How to provide latest testing name after sarge in doc :-)

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 14:57 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:07:38AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> > AOL. I would like to see a real mini servey now, the last time Anthone
> > dictated it "just so" and many didn't like it.
>
> Given the thankless task our release managers do, giving them naming
> rights seems like the least we can do.
>
> Thanks Aj, Colin, and Steve.

First off,I've been off the net for the last few months and just
discovered that AJ has resigned his post. I'd just like to add my thanks
for his efforts. I don't use testing, but I've seen his hand in keeping
unstable more than usable.

I've been lurking around this list for the last few years, not just
because I use unstable but because I'm constantly awed (dict awe, see
Moby Thesaurus) by the way this community works. But this subject seems
over the edge, even for debian-devel.

To me, giving the release manager(s) naming rights is only the first
step in recognizing a nearly impossible task. If tradition didn't
mandate Toy Story names, AND I was a DD, I'd support naming each release
after whoever managed to bring this herd of brilliantly difficult cats
into a, however ephemeral, stable formation :D

--
First impressions are bunk.