debugging on hppa - how?

Hi all,

I am trying to debug a compile problem for libcwd on hppa. I think
I know the solution, but instead of uploading a new version and
hoping for the better, I would like to verify the build on hppa
first.

How?

I can access paer.debian.org (but not sarti.debian.org), but the gcc
version is 3.0.4 (which is horribly outdated). In addition, the
debhelper >> 4.0.0 and w3m build dependencies cannot be satisfied on
that machine

pn  debhelper      <none>         (no description available)
pn  w3m            <none>         (no description available)

Please advise how I could debug the problem on an hppa machine with
gcc 3.2/3.3 and debhelper 4/w3m installed.

Thanks,

`. `'`