Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> writes:

> Hello
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:57:18PM -0700, Oliver Kurth wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 11:51, Marc Haber wrote:
> > > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:46:44 +0200, Jonas Meurer
> > >
> > > local admin wants logs to be removed on purge.
> >
> > To add to that, it would be nice if it were possible to give an
> > argument to dpkg on purge to override that default.
>
> I suggest (of course) that a configuration file is used. There is a
> default system wide config file already, right?

Or, to make it really really visible, create (at package install time)
a file in said directory named "_This directory is owned by package
apache and will be removed on purge_" or whatever. Removal of this
file would then prevent --purge from deleting it.

As long as I don't have to do anything to keep the current behaviour.