Re: NEVER remove log files without asking

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 06:19:51PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:

> I'd think that calling a directory /var/log/apache is a pretty big hint
> that the apache package "owns" it, and anything under it is presumed to
> be package data, not user data.

Incorrect, the apache package does *not* _own_ the contents of
/var/log/apache, the system admin does.  If that admin puts _anything_
in that directory for _whatever_ reason it should not be removed when
the apache package is purged.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings