Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:44:17AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> I hope that ftp-master will reject in any case. There is no need to
> duplicate packages in debian. If one package is broken, then fix it.
>
> BTW, neither a NMUer nor d-devel could force the maintainer of any
> package to take (or accept) a certain action. Only the technical
> comitee can do that, so if you disagree with the maintainer (and if a
> maintainer rolls back a NMU, this is definitly disagreement), you
> could forward this issue to the TC.

The funny issue here is, that if his position is to postpone my patch untill
sarge, I don't object to it.  But I basicaly have no idea on wether there
is a disagreement or not, and I don't have any grounds for relegating this
to the TC.

--
Robert Millan

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))