gcl/axiom/acl2/maxima versioned depends on binutils-dev

Greetings!  All programs built atop the gcl common lisp system are
capable of loading compiled binary objects and relinking and saving a
new system image, in most cases via libbfd.  The bfd compiled into gcl
must be compatible with that against which the system ld is
dynamically linked for this to work.  The simple solution is to make a
versioned depends on binutils-dev, but I don't want to be in the
position of having to re-upload all these programs when binutils
changes.  Rather, I'd like a new (incompatible) binutils to trigger a
rebuild first of gcl and then of maxima,acl2, and axiom automatically
via the autobuilders if possible.  Can this be done?

Take care,