Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:26:21PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Robert Millan wrote:
> > On 1 Aug 2004, I sent a wishlist bug report to the 'esound' package, with
> > an attached patch that fixed the problem. I noticed that Ryan is not
> Bug# for the wishlist? NMU Bug#? More information would be nice.
I avoided referring to the bug number, or explaining what the bug is about,
because I don't want the thread to decay into a discussion on wether my
requested changes are ok or not.
The question is, that if they're not, I'd expect the maintainer to reply
stating so, instead of pretending to be MIA. And even if he didn't reply,
he hasn't justified why reverting the changes yet.
I don't intend to push bugs that far. If Ryan has said something like
"please put this on hold for post-sarge", all this could have been avoided.
If that is what he intends (which is not clear at all to me), I don't mind
waiting untill sarge release (like I did for other bugs, see #227486). If
it isn't, I'll have to find a better solution.
> > What am I supposed to do on this? Bring the issue to the technical committe?
> Due to a wishlist bug? If it is that serious, the bug should not be
> wishlist in the first place.
The official severity for bugs that only affect unofficial kernels is wishlist.
However, the bug is critical for me since esound fails to build on the system
I normaly use for development.
(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))