Re: miscfiles NMU?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 04:10:54PM -0400, Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
> And finally, your call to my home at 2:30 am (EST) *WAS* totally
> unjustified. Even if you saw the packages in the queue one hour before.
> I could have been asleep, my girlfriend could have been here too and
> since you don't know me, I could have a baby lying besides me (which I
> don't have). We don't know each other and I don't permit you nor anybody to
> call me at that time for such reasons, no matter how important they are to
> you!

Er, you uploaded an NMU without contacting the maintainer first to give
him an opportunity to object; and your upload used a contact email
address that was apparently bouncing.  These actions *do* have
consequences.

I hope being awakened by the phone at 2:30am has made you a little more
careful about NMUing packages when you're "lazy" and "lack time" to
follow the established procedures.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer