Re: PROPOSAL: Communication to solve the dispute. (was: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

* Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org) [040728 20:25]:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:00:29PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > ===========================================================================
> > The Debian project hereby resolves:
> >
> >   - That the developers in charge for adding the architecture identified by
> >     dpkg as "amd64", hereinafter "amd64", to the "unstable" archive, should
> >     explain publicly (via debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org) the problems
> >     which delay this action.

> This is a no-op by rule of the constitution.

The developers may issue positions of the day (and this one could be
considered as one, as this doesn't try to force somebody to do work,
but to say: "we would like if this happens"). However, whether
publically telling somebody what exactly would he should do, would
really help to solve the problem, is something different. (Same is
true for all other issues in this GR-draft.)

So, for me, this GR wouldn't conflict with the constitution, but I
doubt very much that this draft is part of solving our problems.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/