> * Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) wrote:
>> The scripts aren't shared because Debian (delegate Ryan) does not want
>> them and the problem buildd admins (James and Ryan) do not follow the
>> buildd.net policy (resulting in _one_ person prior to the flame
>> wanting those scripts to run them with a different policy).
>
> So the source isn't shared because someone won't follow the policy of
> the site?  Sounds like a wanna-be licenseing policy except that it'd be

Yes.

> much clearer if it was written down as a licenseing agreement.  Of

It has been stated clearly.

> course, it would be DFSG-compliant, but I guess that's not something
> you're too concerned about, eh?

It wouldn't. It would limit the useage which is not allowed.

And I couldn't care les about DFSG-compliance for those scripts. They
have nothing to do with the DFSG as they are.

>> That Ingo did not blindly agree to follow James wanna-build policy has
>> no direct connection at all to this but is caused by the same problem,
>> the communication problem between james and Ingo.
>>
>> There never was a context of 'we won't share our scripts because they
>> won't let us not follow their polciy, or whatever'.
>
> I doubt this- if Ryan had just said "sorry, not interested", or
> whatever, and there wasn't any other history to it then I doubt the
> request from whomever else it was (I forget atm) would have been denied.
> Of course, I don't know for sure, no one really does.
>
> 	Stephen

The scripts would still not have been released. Due to the realy
wastefull interface buildd.d.o has having them spread around would put
a too large drain on buildd.d.o and you would get the same thing that
happended with the BTS and bugwatcher. The interface gets blocked or
changed to prevent this kind of drain.

That is the non "bad air" reason for not releasing the scripts and
that stays valid as long as Ryan doesn't cooperate or we fire up a
proxy that exportds a better interface.

Since the flame started we welcomed another member to the multibuild
team. It certainly isn't impossible to join. He wants to help document
things as he looks around and gets aquainted but maybe we can get him
to modify the existing scripts for a less bandwith wasting interface
with high priority and develope a proxy service so the scripts can be
released faster.

MfG
        Goswin