On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 05:33:41AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> > Debian, thank god, is not a democracy.  We do not decide on
> >  issues based on popularity (else we'd be distributing windows
> >  shareware). We make decisions based on technical merits,
>
> Suuuuure.  Then what's holding up AMD64?  For that matter, why were Ingo's
> buildd status page scripts never integrated?

About 3 weeks ago I asked him for the source for the source to the
"Package status (all archs)" part of www.buildd.net so I could run it
myself actually for all arches rather than just those he felt were
worthy; he refused. I don't know if he was more forthcoming with source
etc with them, when trying to get it added to buildd.debian.org, than he
was with me, but the experience has left me unconvinced that his side of
the original dialogue was faultless.

To be fair, debian-admin then ignored my mail re having suitable
Berkeley-db-like packages installed on a suitable machine so I could
write my own.

Anyway, earlier today I decided to give up on both and wrote something
that just uses plain old files (hmm, perhaps that's nicer anyway.
*shrug*) on people:

    http://people.debian.org/~igloo/package-status.php

It currently updates at 38mins past the hour.
I'll announce it somewhere other than the middle of a flamewar once it's
run for a bit with no major problems.

Feedback, especially in the form of bug reports or patches, welcomed.

Thanks
Ian