* Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) wrote:
> The scripts aren't shared because Debian (delegate Ryan) does not want
> them and the problem buildd admins (James and Ryan) do not follow the
> buildd.net policy (resulting in _one_ person prior to the flame
> wanting those scripts to run them with a different policy).

So the source isn't shared because someone won't follow the policy of
the site?  Sounds like a wanna-be licenseing policy except that it'd be
much clearer if it was written down as a licenseing agreement.  Of
course, it would be DFSG-compliant, but I guess that's not something
you're too concerned about, eh?

> That Ingo did not blindly agree to follow James wanna-build policy has
> no direct connection at all to this but is caused by the same problem,
> the communication problem between james and Ingo.
>
> There never was a context of 'we won't share our scripts because they
> won't let us not follow their polciy, or whatever'.

I doubt this- if Ryan had just said "sorry, not interested", or
whatever, and there wasn't any other history to it then I doubt the
request from whomever else it was (I forget atm) would have been denied.
Of course, I don't know for sure, no one really does.

	Stephen