* Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) wrote:
> If I volunteer my work I still want something back and even if its
> only a smile on someones face or benefiting from other volunteers work
> as well (like in Debian). Tit for tat. Thats life.

Perhaps this is the best example of a mentality that's not appropriate
for Debian, or any volunteer organization for that matter.  The *point*
of volunteering is that you're able to *give* without any expectation of
return.  It makes those on the receiving end of your volunteer work that
much happier to know that someone did something for them without any
expectation of return.

You're not looking to volunteer, you're trying to cost-share, as near as
I can tell.  There may be better descriptions than that.

	Stephen