Re: Description of tasks

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:54:03AM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:35:13PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
>> > Yes, but our community also ignores people who only complain and don't
>> > contribute.  Asking other people to create documentation is a little
>> > bit hypocritical when you're not willing to do the same.
>>
>> No, it isn't.  I may not be a good writer.  I may not have time.  There are
>> many valid reasons I might request something
>
> Absolutely true. However...
>
>> which I'm either unwilling or unable to do myself.
>
> ...Asking someone else to do something you're unable to do yourself, I
> can understand. But there's a major difference between "unable" and "not
> willing".
>
>> Pointing out work that needs to be done is not hypocrisy.  I'm
>> surprised to hear this coming from the DPL.
>>
>> If you disagree with this, then perhaps we should remove the RFP
>> functionality from WNPP.
>
> an RFP is useful when you can't do it because of lack of skills, time,
> or whatnot. It is not useful when you simply don't /want/ to do it.

Which is not the case here.

Ingo lacks the experience with some parts of the wanna-build / buildd
/ sbuild chain skills and has no time. He is also already working on
the possible replacement for wanna-build / buildd / sbuild, which I
find far more sensible to document than the rather ugly old triple.

So Ingo falls under all 3 of your mentioned points: skill, time and
whatnot.

MfG
        Goswin