Re: unexpected NMUs || buildd queue

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 06:23:23PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:

[...]

> >    Does rebuilding package and signed it with official DD's key is enough?
>
> Yes, if done correctly.
>
> >    Do I have to add my sponsor to Uploaders line?
>
> No.
>
> >    Developers' Reference describes only rebuilding with proper -k switch.
> >    Am I missing something?
>
> I do not think so, Developers' Reference is correct, afaict.

Ok that makes it clear for me, that sponsor had to make mistake.
Thanks for comments.

> >    I mean I uploaded (via sponsor of course cause I'm not DD yet) libphysfs
> >    package. Then I was waiting three days (iirc) and uploaded package which
> >    depends on it (paragui).
> >    I was very surprised when I noticed that paragui was built *before*
> >    libphysfs and of course it fails to build because of lack of dependencies.
>
> The buildds do not check build-dependencies before they try to build the
> package. When the buildd maintainer checks the failed buildlog he'll set
> the respective package to dep-wait.
> http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states

So if buildd maintainer has put my package on dep-wait queue, then I can
assume it will be automatically build ones again if dependencies will be
satisfied?

Or maybe I have to upload it then? Or maybe dope a note to buildd
maintainer?

> >    That however only happened on Alpha arch which had (has?) some problems
> >    last days.
> [...]
>
> The buildd's (lully) harddisk broke and the machine acting as
> temporary replacement (escher) is almost (?) too slow.

Yeah it takes looong time to build this packages :/

Thanks for comments on buildd stuff too.
And thanks for additional explanation to Daniel Kobras.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska